Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gothic, Colorado

I am so happy to be back in Gothic, CO, home of the Rocky Mountain Biological Laboratory. This year I am fortunate to have two whole weeks here! My role is medical advisor, which means I speak at orientation for staff and again for students, about the health hazards of life at 9000 ft in the Colorado Rockies, and how to stay healthy. When I'm not doing that, I'm updating their medical supplies, enjoying the incredible beauty, or wrecking fences!

Work Day at RMBL. It rained and snowed all day, but the intrepid fence-wreckers were not fazed! Here I am with crowbar in hand, happily demolishing the old buck and rail fence to make room for a new one.



These two greeted me outside my cabin in the early morning. Mama and yearling.




Fog on Gothic Mtn.


I never tire of this view of Avery Peak from my front porch.

1 comment:

Margie Puerta Edson, CFRE said...

Sounds great and looks wonderful. Hope you have a great time.

The Authors of "50 Ways" Interview on KCHF TV

50 Ways to Leave Your 40s TV interview with Phoenix' Pat McMahon