Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Beautiful Day in the Rockies

Well, I didn't get the heater going last night. I pushed and pushed on that little pilot valve, but I just didn't have the stamina to keep doing it long enough to bleed out all those feet of air through the tiny pilot pipe. So instead, I piled on layers and went to bed. Here's a picture of everything I wore into my sleeping bag last night. Good thing too, because the outside temp went down to 21 degrees F, they said today! Cozy!



The alpine beauty here is breathtaking, every direction you look. Here is a view of my cabin (the one on the left). The little cabin on the right used to be our clinic, but now is another residence.



This is Belleview, aptly named, still covered in snow. It's the highest peak within easy reach of Gothic. The route up it, in good weather, starts beyond the skyline on the left, across a pass that is still closed due to snow.

No comments:

The Authors of "50 Ways" Interview on KCHF TV

50 Ways to Leave Your 40s TV interview with Phoenix' Pat McMahon